As part of Canada’s commitment to climate change mitigation and emission reductions, both the Provincial and Federal Governments have announced numerous funding programs for projects that aim to achieve these goals. Funding exists for research and development of innovative technologies and as well as commercial-ready projects. Below, we have summarized the major funding programs that are relevant to the resource, mining, and energy sectors. If you have any questions about the programs or would like support in drafting an application, please contact us at email@example.com or by phone at (403) 457 - 1029. Cap-Op Energy has a track record of helping organizations acquire millions of dollars through various funding programs.
1. Natural Resources Canada $155M Clean Growth Program (https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/cleangrowth/20254)
2. PTAC’s $10M Alberta Upstream Petroleum Research Fund (http://auprf.ptac.org/call-for-funding-applications/)
3. Sustainable Technology Development Canada’s $965M fund (https://www.sdtc.ca/en/apply/funds)
4. Government of Alberta’s $63M Bioenergy Producer Program (BPP) (http://aep.alberta.ca/climate-change/programs-and-services/bioenergy-producer-program.aspx)
5. Energy Efficiency Alberta’s Business, Non-Profit and Institutional Energy Savings Program (https://www.efficiencyalberta.ca/business-non-profit-and-institutional/)
Under BC's Renewable and Low Carbon Fuel Requirement Regulation (RLCFRR), the Part 3 Agreement provides a mechanism for Part 3 fuel suppliers to generate bio-fuel credits for intended projects that will increase the supply of low carbon fuels into British Columbia. Suppliers must submit a compliance report, which is approved by a Director and credits are awarded over a one year or multiple year contracts.
There are at least 15,000 credits available under the 2017 Program and 100,000 under the 2018 Program (last year, credits traded at $171/credit - representing the highest value of GHG credits globally). The application deadline is October 6, 2017 (2017 program) and June 1, 2018 (2018 program). If you are biofuel company that supplies renewable fuel to BC, contact us today to learn how you can generate credits as a Part 3 Supplier!
More detail here: http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/farming-natural-resources-and-industry/electricity-alternative-energy/transportation/renewable-low-carbon-fuels/part_3_agreements_2017-18.pdf